The next start date is:
August 22, 2017
There are 4 opportunities to begin the program each year. For our annual academic calendar and application deadline information, please contact an Admissions Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be admitted to the online masters degree in cyber security, applicants must:
- Meet all Graduate School admission requirements (see below for admission requirements/materials)
- Have had a statistics course and have had the equivalent of a minor in computer science, information technology, or a related field (e.g., engineering or information and decision sciences)
- Students without adequate background or preparation may be required to complete a one-semester bridge program prior to beginning the MS in Cyber Security program
- 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution
- Valparaiso University Graduate School Application
- Official transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate coursework. If you have received an undergraduate or graduate degree from Valparaiso University, you are not required to submit an official transcript from Valparaiso University
- Two letters of recommendation
- A reflective essay indicating the reasons for undertaking graduate study in the particular program you are applying for at Valparaiso University
- An up-to-date professional resume
- Application fee: $30
Students should have official transcripts mailed to:
Office of the Graduate School
C/O Cyber Security
1700 Chapel Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383-6493
International students must also submit the following:
- Proof of English Proficiency: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 550 (paper version), 230 (computer-based), or Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT) score of at least 80; minimum Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of 58; minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6 with no more than two sub-scores below 6; INTERLINK Language Center Level 5; or equivalent proof of English proficiency.
- A TOEFL score must come directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to be considered valid for admission. Visit the TOEFL and IELTS websites for more information about these tests. For more information about Valparaiso’s INTERLINK program, which provides language support to international students, visit http://vu.interlink.edu/.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online masters degree in cyber security and download a free brochure, please fill out this form.
Valparaiso University respects your right to privacy. The information you submit will be used to respond to your request for information and may be shared with parties working on behalf of Valparaiso for limited purposes. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Valparaiso University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.